Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Cupcakes, Cupcakes and More Tickled Pink Cupcakes


I recently had a request to make some cupcakes. After a recent trip to Hello Cupcake, one of my family members was having quite a craving for cupcakes. So, I decided  I would take this task on myself.  A and I immediately went over to the grocery store and purchased all the supplies for a cupcake overhaul in my house.

Here is the list of the cupcake mix and frostings that we bought:
  • Duncan Hines Decadent Red Velvet Cupcake Cake & Frosting Mix;
  • Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Cake Mix
  • Betty Crocker: Super Moist Golden Vanilla Cake Mix
  • Betty Crocker: Rich & Creamy Coconut Pecan Frosting
  • Betty Crocker: Vanilla Frosting; and
  • Betty Crocker: Cream Cheese Frosting



How to make a better cupcake from box cake Mix?

Replace Vegetable Oil with 1 stick melted butter. This is the overwhelming theme of making for a better cupcake on sites throughout the web. And let me tell you it works.

Some also replace the water for buttermilk. I did not do this, but I heard it works.

Add one extra egg to each mix. So if the recipe on the box calls for 3 eggs, add 4 instead.

Add some extra kick to the recipe. I like to add extra something to each cupcake mix I make. For example I added peanut butter to the chocolate cupcake mix.

Vanilla Hazelnut Cupcakes

Mix the  Vanilla Cupcake Mix as indicated on box, and make the additions/changes listed above. To add that extra kick I added a teaspoon of hazelnut extract, and teaspoon of real vanilla extract! Yummy!

To finish this Vanilla Hazelnut Cupcake off I frosted some with Cocunut Pecan Frosting, and some with Vanilla Frosting.

Vanilla Raspberry Cupcakes
Mix the  Vanilla Cupcake Mix as indicated on box, and make the additions/changes listed above. To add that extra kick I added a teaspoon of raspberry extract, and a bit of real vanilla extract! Yummy!


Red Velvet Cupcakes

Mix Red Velvet Cupcake mix as indicated on box, and make the additions/ changes listed above. To add that extra kick I added a teaspoon of vanilla; 1/3 cup of dark chocolate cocoa; and ¼ cup of sourcream.

To finish this Red Velvet Cupcake off I added Cream Cheese filling, and Cream Cheese frosting on top.

Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake
Mix Triple Chocolate Mix Cupcake mix as indicated on box, and make the additions/ changes listed above. To add that extra kick I added a teaspoon of vanilla and 1/2 cup of peanut butter.

To finish this Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake off I frosted some with Cocunut Pecan Frosting, and some with Vanilla Frosting.


As you can see we have a plethora of cupcakes in my household now, but boy are they yummy. Hello, Cupcake!

Until next time
Stay Tickled Pink,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment