Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Gourmet Meals and Convenience- Peach Dish Review



I had the wonderful opportunity to try out the new and revised Peach Dish a couple weeks ago, and wow! Peach Dish did a revamp of their website, to the Peach Dish Logo, and to the actual service provided to Peach Dish subscribers. I am not the greatest chef in the world, but am always excited to try out the recipes that come from Peach Dish.  


What is Peach Dish?
Each week Peach Dish will send a package to your door, which  now contain all  of the ingredients to make 2 dinners for 2 people every week for $50. The ingredients are now more premium, and the packaging and shipping have drastically improved.


Peach Dish Packaging
Everything came perfectly packaged with no mess, spills or hassle. The meat was sealed tight in a freezer pack, which kept the meats for both meals in excellent condition until they arrive at the door. When I opened the box it was still very cold, which I was super excited about. I am very particular about everything staying as fresh as can be, no food poisoning for me please, and Peach Dish did an excellent job of making sure the ingredients were still fresh when it arrived

Meal #1

Holeman and Finch Bread with
Seared Chateau Wings with Tangerine Smashed Sweet Potaties and Carmelized Onion

I really thought that this meal was just fantastic. I really appreciate that this meal, while still very elegant but easy. At first review, I thought I would have a hard time with this recipe, but it is actually very simple. Also, it was very enjoyable for everyone in the family. A is pretty picky when it comes to food, a meat and potatoes kind of guy, so this meal (minus the onions), was right up his alley.


The Tangerine Smashed Sweet Potatoes were very tasty. I usually like to add my personal touch to things, so I added some pecans to my sweet potatoes mix. Very tasty addition.

Caramelized Onions is something I learned a long time ago when I started cooking, since my family really likes onions. So it was something that took no time at all. I, however, do not normally cook meat with the same pan afterwards. I have seen it done, but never have tried it out myself. I was pretty impressed with the turn out. First, the Chateau Wings were so tender, and cooked very quickly. As I said, I do not cook meat on the stove top very often. I rather have the meat grilled or put it in the Newave Oven, but I was very impressed at how easy it was to cook it on the stove top.  Afterward,  I think everyone else was impressed that I actually made it myself.  Very tasty.



Dessert #1 Pomegranate and Dark Chocolate

I never really knew how to open a pomegranate until I subscribed to Peach Dish, but they are tasty. You mix in some chocolate, and delish! A very tasty dessert with little hassle.

Meal #2

4-Pepper Goat Cheese and  Crackers with

Grapefruit & Tarragon Mahi-Mahi with Braised Fennel and Coconut Rice
To start the 4- Pepper Goat Cheese and Crackers was a no hassle and no sweat feat, and very tasty! 

I really like Mahi- Mahi, and I am not a big fish eater. And with this recipe it was even better.  Yummy. I definitely will be making this one again since it was a hit! I would have never thought of mixing up Grapefruit and Tarragon as a topper on this dish, but it worked perfectly. The best part is that the name of this dish seems like I spent all day in the kitchen, but I didn’t, it only took about 30 or so minutes.  Not bad at all for a gourmet meal.

There were many new elements in this meal for me, I had never ever cooked with fennel .  And at first, I was a little skeptical because it looks so odd, and I thought it might taste like an onion. However, after braising it in the pot with a bouillon cube, and an added dash of coconut milk, it was my favorite part of the meal. Delish!

And the rice, wow! I have always thought Jasmine Rice was the best, but adding in the coconut milk was super simple,  took no hand holding at all, and the end result was a very tasty and new rice side dish!



Dessert #2- 
Coconut Hot Cocoa
This was so simple and so good. I would have never added the coconut milk into my hot cocoa, but it just made it so much more delicious!

TICKLED PINK OPINION
I am thoroughly impressed with the revisions and changes that Peach Dish has made. I am very happy with the shipping changes, especially since I am all the way across the country. I also love that I can now have two meals delivered weekly instead of 1. I am all about convenience when it comes to all things, and Peach Dish has just made my weeks much more convenient. Two gourmet meals delivered to my door with all the work of planning and grocery shopping done for me!! Fantastic! I cannot wait to get my next box from Peach Dish!

What do you think of Peach Dish? If you would like to sign up for Peach Dish or lean more about the past meals, you can HERE, and make sure to let them know I sent you!

Until next time
Stay Tickled Pink,
Stephanie
\


No comments:

Post a Comment