Thursday, September 12, 2013

Glossybox "Best of Britain" Limited Edition Box Review

I received my Glossybox Best of Britain Limited Edition Box yesterday, and I was not even expecting it. I actually had forgotten that I purchased it awhile back.  However, it was a very nice surprise because it was the only box I received yesterday.  


In the hurry to get my box opened since I was excited to see what was inside, I noticed that even before opening the box it smelled very nice for an unopened box. Surely enough after digging into the box more, I noticed that the Steamcream had exploded through the sides of the container.  Even though after losing much of the Steamcream, I was able to get everything cleaned off with no more damage, but a little sad I had a box accident.  It has been awhile since I have gotten a box with an accident inside, never fun to deal with, but thankfully the box was salvaged.

What a Mess!

But Enough of that Now on to the box


First off I just have to say the presentation of the box was just great. I loved the actual box, and the paper inside the box was just great.  Made me even more excited to see what was inside. 

Glossybox “Best of Britain”
Limited Edition Box


The “Best of Britain.”  Glossybox was available in  the beginning of August and was said to be packed with the best Britain has to offer. The limited edition box, which Glossybox offers from time to time,  was said to contain eight luxury beauty products along with a surprise gift, and valued at over $120.  


Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush- $8


Such a pretty can of dry shampoo. Like most dry shampoo this Batiste Dry Shampoo  is the quick and convenient way to get soft, clean and fresh smelling hair, without water. I am a big fan of dry shampoo so I was excited to see this in the box!


Nails Inc. Kensington Cavier Top Coat-$10


Love trying new nail products, and if this has the incredible 45 second dry time it is said to have, I will love it. I always seem, no matter how long I wait, to ruin my nails because they are not dry yet.  This top coat can also be found at Sephora, but most of the items in this box seem to only be sold in the UK.  


Steamcream All-In-One Natural Moisturizer for Face Body and Hands- $20.50



This was the infamous exploding item in this “Best of Britain” box. I did not open it up, because there was not much left inside, so not much to see.  However, since there is still a little left in the canister after exploding,  I am excited to try a little of it, since it is said to be award-winning over in Britain.


Nailgirls London #1 Snow White Nail Laquer-$16.50



This white color is supposed to be the top color of the season.  I always love getting nail polish, and I have never tried this brand, since it is sold in the UK. After looking at some manicures online using Nailgirls, it looks like this polish leaves a great glossy finish.


HD Brows Grow Baby Grow- $43



I was a little stunned at the price for this brow grow serum, and would not say I would ever purchase something like this if it was not included in this box. However,  if I need some nutrients and brow growth I will most definitely be using this.


MeMeMe Cosemetics Beat the Blues Skin Illuminator- $9



This UK brand I have actually tried before, and I loved it. I am on edge with Skin Illuminators, and only use them here or there on my cheeks. But, I most definitely am always up for trying new products, so I will be giving this a try.


Helen E’ Lasting Lip Color in Raspberry-$16



I already love this lip color, and am using it today. It goes on very nicely. I just put it on this morning, and it is still going strong, so we will see how long it lasts.  The Raspberry color, a deeper burgundy color, is a great color for the colder season coming up.


Mitchell and Peach Luxury Hand Cream-$35



This Luxury Hand Cream comes straight from  the Mitchell Family Estate in Kent, England.  It is made with very selective ingredients such as vitamin E, Shea Butter, and English Honey to soften , nourish and protect the skin. The hand cream is said to be “Divine”. After using it I can see what all the fuss is about, it is great. This hand cream went immediately in to my purse.


Makeup Bag-$10 (Estimation)


Love this nice makeup bag, and it was a great finishing touch to the Glossybox “Best of Britain” box.

TICKLED PINK OPINION:  I think this box was just great. Other than the snafu with the exploding moisturizer, I was very pleased with each and every item in the “Best of Britain” Glossybox. What made this box even better is that all items were full sized, which always makes me excited. I got this Glossybox for $40, and after researching prices the box contained a total of approximately $168 worth of products. I assume that the box is actually worth even more if you consider some items are only sold in the UK, so you have to add in shipping costs if you bought it on its own.  Limited Edition boxes from Glossybox do not come out too often, but when they do they are great!

What do you think of the “Best of Britain” Limited Edition Glossybox? If you are interested in signing up for Glossybox or seeing what Glossybox is all about you can see other boxes HERE or HERE, or sign up HERE.

Until next time

Stay Tickled Pink,



Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment