Monday, July 22, 2013

Grilling and Chillin Kentucky Style- July Our Local Box Review


Our Local Box is just one of those boxes that I really really look forward to receiving each month. This month I was particularly anxious to receive Our Local Box because I had seen no spoilers at all before I got my box. So it was a complete surprise, which I love. And it was a great surprise, full of wonderful products.




What is Our Local Box?
Our Local Box is a fantastic box that focused on sending out, right to your doorstep, great hand-selected assortment of goodies coming straight from Kentucky. Our Local Box costs $30.00 per month, which is well worth it. Each box is guaranteed to include only full size, one of the kind items made by great unique companies in Kentucky




July Our Local Box



For July Our Local Box  added a little something in the box for everyone.  It was a melting pot of Kentucky- Made products for all!



Earth Goddess Candles Pear & White Tea Soy Candle-$5.50




Okay I love candles. However,  I love candles even better when they smell like this one from Earth Goddess Candles. This is one amazing smelling candle. It really was a perfect smell of white tea with pear. This candle is definitely one of my favorites out of all candles, and a favorite in this month's box, (even though it is hard to pick a favorite since the whole box is great).



Sassa Bella Body Care Lemongrass Spearmint Bar Soap-$6



Love good smelling pretty soap to keep in the bathroom for all to enjoy. This soap not only smells good, but it is also good for the skin, and refreshing as well. Lemongrass is said to be refreshing, and spearmint promotes a  sense of balance and well-being. A great soap to start the morning out right! 



The Ladybirds, Shimmy Shimmy Dang! CD- $10





I was super impressed to get a CD in this month’s box. I have never received a CD in any box ever, so I was excited. And equally excited to listen to the music. I love music, so I was sure that I would like it.  The Ladybirds has a flavor of rockabilly, doo wop and has a retro vibe to it. I really liked their music. It is really great to be introduced to new things, especially music! Great addition to Our Local Box this month!



Bourbonq Bear Claw Honey Butt Spice- $4




We are big on grilling at our house, and have been grilling up a storm these last past couple months, so this spice mix came at just the right time. I tasted a little bit of this spice mix and it was tasty.  Not too spicy, so everyone in the family will be able to eat it.  This will also be good on some grilled veggies . As the label says “ You’ll Put This on Anything “Butt” Your Honey.” Haha . Mmmm Getting Hungry now.


Bourbonq Pappy’s XXX White Lightin’ BBQ Sauce-$7



This delicious BBQ sauce is made with 3% Kentucky Bourbon, fresh garlic, fresh onion, Worcestershire and kicks off with a bang (habanero pepper). That is definitely what I call a kick. If you have never had habanero, well you are in for a HOT surprise. Yes, it is very hot. I am looking forward to using this BBQ sauce for when my parents come over, they LOVE hot ANYTHING.


TICKLED PINK OPINION:   Again Our Local Box came out with a BOOM this month. The July Our Local Box was a hit with me.  I think it was especially great that Our Local Box featured items from all spectrums; all the way from grilling to chilling. All the items, while different, also worked so well together and had a great summer vibe to them.  Overall July Our Local Box included a total of $ 32.50 worth of Kentucky-made products. There is no way I could go online right now and get homemade, unique, and authentic Kentucky products like this for under $32.50, as well as have it delivered right to my doorstep. Each month I am blown away by Our Local Box, and now I already cannot wait to see August’s box.

If you would like to see past month’s Our Local Box you can see HERE or HERE.  And if you would like to sign up for Our Local Box or learn more you can HERE.

Are you ready to take a little adventure to Kentucky? Well Our Local Box awaits!

Until next time

Stay Tickled Pink,

Stephanie








No comments:

Post a Comment