Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Birchbox Review- July Power Play Box


It is that time of the month again, Birchbox time! Whoo hoo!


What is Birchbox?
If you have never heard of Birchbox than you are missing out. Birchbox is a beauty box subscription that sends great beauty and lifestyle items to their members each month, as to provide a great way to introduce people to new products. And the cost is only $10 per month


For July,  Birchbox theme was Power play. Each box was curated with great items to help you take control of any situation, and make the most of every minute. Additionally, Birchbox hooked up with the new USA  series, SUITS, which I have not watched yet, for some inspiration on July’s samples.




JULY POWER PLAY BIRCHBOX




Benefit Cosmetics Girl Meets Pearl



This is a highlighter that gives the skin a radiant finish. I do love Benefit, and have not had the chance to try Girl Meets Pearl. This was a pretty decent size sample as well.


100% Pure Nourishing Body Cream


I received three packs of this body cream in green apple. With antiaging ingredients, this will get used up quickly. The only bad thing is I really dislike getting little packets in my boxes. I can never use the whole thing, and by the time I get back to them they are all dried up. Any suggestions on getting a second use out of them?


Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect



I love getting hair products in any box, and was excited to see something new. This is a leave in conditioner that helps protect against UR Rays.  This will most definitely get use right away, since the sun is shining bright right now.


Benita Berry G-1 Moisturizing Face Cream


This was a SUITS pick from Birchbox. I always love to try out new moisturizers. No one can say I do not have an open mind, I think I try a new face moisturizer once every week, since I get face moisturizers in many monthly boxes. They definitely do not get wasted, and I need to make sure I am using the best, haha.


Birchbox Bobby Pins


I love this from Birchbox. I think that this has been a favorite beauty extra in a long time. These will be perfect to keep in the bathroom as hair pin for when I go through my morning and night regiment of washing face, brushing teeth, etc. And they are green, my favorite color!

TICKLED PINK OPINION:  Overall, no complaints here. Although I have been browsing the web looking at some other July boxes, and I can see some I rather have gotten (the ones with Benefit It’s Potent Eye Cream would have been perfect), my July Birchbox was not bad.  I think the one thing that put it over the top was the bobby pins. The bobby pins won me over for sure.  And for $!0 per month, I think the selection of items was worth it! Always a surprise with Birchbox!

What do you think of July’s Birchbox? If you are interested in seeing more from Birchbox or to sign up for this wonderful subscription you can on their website HERE.
Until next time
Stay Tickled Pink,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment