Thursday, April 25, 2013

Kona Kase is A Keeper and Special Deal



I  have always liked to try new kinds of energy bars or health food. This doesn’t mean they taste great all the time,  but it is good to change things up once in awhile. If you too, are looking for some new energy bars, energy food, or just healthy snacks, well Kona Kase is a perfect.


This is my second Kona Kase, and I must say that I was even more impressed with the quantity and quality of items.

 April Kona Kase





ZING Chocolate Cocunut and Cashew Cranberry Orange


I have heard good things about the Zing bars before, but I had never tried them. I really like the coconut, so I gave the Chocolate Coconut one a try first , and it was just delicious. I have yet to try the Cashew Cranberry Orange, but if it was anything like its counterpart, I am sure it is tasty.







Rickland Orchard Greek Yogurt Bar
Greek yogurt seems to be the craze lately. And while I am not the biggest fan of any sort of yogurt, I thought I would give this bar a try since it was mixed with  Blueberry and Acai.  Since trying this bar I have been trying to find some at my local grocery store, as these bars were fantastic.   A great bar for a quick grab and go!

Power Bar Performance Energy Blend

This is like apple sauce/ baby food. While I understand it was made to give energy, and was made with real fruit, I could not get over the texture. Like I said, it was like baby food and so was the texture. I could taste all the fruit flavors though, and I think this would be great for a runner.



Trachealth Chia and Coconut
This Trachealth CHIA portable drink mix packet sounds great.  But what exactly is Chia Seeds I wondered?

Chia has been known to fuel the Tarahuma tribe on their 100 mile non-stop runs. It is also said that the Aztec warriors consumed one tablespoon of chia seeds before going to battle to sustain them all day. Unique ability to absorb over 10 times its weight in water to promote prolonged hydration and sustained energy, Excellent plant-based source of antioxidants, vitamins, proteins, amino acids and minerals for building efficient lean muscle. Packed with Omega-3 fatty acids. - Chia Website

Journey Bar Savory Sea Salt
I must admit,  I was not the biggest fan of this bar. I just did not like the salty taste, when the texture seemed like it should be sweet.  The good thing about this bar, however, it that it is low in sugar, so no sugar rush included!


Picky Bars


These bars are gluten free and dairy free energy bars.  I got to try the All In Almond Bar, and it was very good.  It was made out of Almond Butter and sweetened with Agave.  Almond butter is one of my favorites, so this was gone from my box quickly for a on the go lunch.


Soy Joy Strawberry Bar


I have tried these before after a run I did a couple months back, and they are very tasty.  The bars are also great on the waist line at only 130-140 calories.  It reminds me of a healthier Strawberry fig newton.

And last my FAVORITE

Barbara Llewellyn Brown Sugar Rosemary Cashews


I immediately started snacking on these right out of the box. These were the best part of the whole box.  And yes, they are very addicting.  I really can appreciate the mix of flavors in this cashew creation, it was great on the taste buds. I highly recommend them!

What I like most about Kona Kase,  not only that it was packed with the yummy Barbara Llewellen Cashews, but that they give so many options for so many different taste buds and varieties of diets.  I think that this box is so great because it caters to so many varieties of people as well.

If would like to see what is packed into other boxes you can HERE.  And if  you too would like to join the Kona Kase fun, you can get your first box 50% off HERE.

Until next time
Stay Tickled Pink,
Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. oh this looks like the yummiest subscription

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kona Kase is really good. They just keep getting better also.

      Delete